What are the Do’s and Dont’s in Mattress Care?
Buying a mattress online is the smart way to get the desired brand at an unbelievable price. There are much mattress models, and all of them come with limited mattress warranty.
The average life of a mattress depends on how you take care of your mattress irrespective of manufacturer’s warranty and free after sales services. There are mattress care guides and mattress review by real-time customers online.
It is advisable to go through them for better maintenance and care for your new mattress for better and comfortable sleep. The below mentioned are few do’s and don’ts you must take care of your bedding.
How to Clean your New Mattress
- Read the user manual and do as per the instruction is given by the manufacturer to clean the mattress.
- All major brands of mattress allow the consumers to do mild vacuum cleaning.
- Never use any hard detergents and water to clean your new mattress.
How to Remove Odor from your New Mattress
- It is advisable to read the manufacturer’s instruction and do according to remove the odor from the newly brought mattress.
- The best way to get rid of the odor of newly brought mattress is to keep it open for 2-3 days and use them later. The natural-air is the best way to remove odor from the newly brought mattress.
- Do not use any fabric scent to remove odor from the newly brought mattress.
- Do not use water or clean with mild soap.
- Do not apply any fragrance spray as they may damage the color or make your newly bought mattress with stain.
How often Should a Mattress be Replaced
- Replace or upgrade your existing mattress as per the manufacturer has suggested its maximum life span.
- You must replace a mattress if you get prolonged body pain or discomforts while sleeping.
- You must replace your mattress, the moment they are damaged due to improper mattress care.
- Replace your mattress, if you start to feel allergic due to prolonged usage and by the presence of stains and dirt on the existing mattress.
- Directly dispose of it safely such that they are not available to reuse by anyone.
- Never give your existing mattress for the second sale or exchange. This isbecause; you are not comfortable to sleep on it that is why you are going to dispose of it.
How to Transport your Newly Bought Mattress to your Home
- If you buy from a nearby mattress shop, it is advisable to ask them for home delivery with sufficient staffs to carry and place them on your bed foundation properly.
- If you buy the mattress online, it is advisable to read some mattress transportation review online and do it accordingly to open the pack and place them properly on your bed base safely.
- Do not use your family members or friends to carry or transport the newly brought mattress without mattress handling knowledge.